Roger Burlton defining Business Architecture
See our expertise in action with case studies of how we helped clients across multiple industries
We most value a holistic, common sense and value focused work philosophy.
We believe in looking at all perspectives of business issues and balancing criteria for the solution to ensure optimum fit.
Over a period of 10 years I have had several excellent engagements with the Process Renewal Group. They have trained, mentored and consulted on the subjects of Business Process Management, Business Process Analysis /Modeling, and Strategic Capability Roadmapping. Their methodology and their actionable insights regarding how businesses can determine and improve what is most important to work on, both operationally and strategically, have made a significant impact on my organization’s performance.
The Process Renewal Group played a pivotal role in several major initiatives I was delivering. They helped us understand which areas of the business had to improve to deliver our chosen strategy, several of which were not originally on the focus list but were subsequently validated as the initiatives progressed. They brought a holistic approach to understanding business performance drivers and helped us understand what needed to improve to achieve our objectives. And through these engagements, they helped institute a cultural change towards the role of business processes which continues today. Their success with these engagements has led to further partnership with Process Renewal Group in other areas of the organization.
Process Renewal Group was our ideal partner for translating our transformation goals into concrete actionable plans to ensure alignment and traceability. I had the opportunity to work with PRG on two occasions, once with a major Canadian Financial Institution and again with a major Canadian Digital Media company. In both cases, I was extremely satisfied with the breadth and depth of their recommendations to drive improved organizational performance through their process-centric and Customer focused approach.
HOW CAN WE HELP? +1 905-237-2936
What happens when you automate a broken process? What happens when you implement a brand-new system with the same old processes? In a manufacturing environment the result would be the same defects only faster!! In business it is not much different, except the causes of the defects can be much harder to spot. Improving business processes is necessary whenever implementing any new technology or seeking to optimize and gain efficiency.
This seminar introduces a simple and systematic approach for analysing, modeling, and redesigning specific processes. It provides the foundation to a range of practices for moving specific business process performance metrics to an improved target state. It is based on proven formal methods and over twenty years of practical experience gained from hundreds of projects conducted by Process Renewal Group and the sage advice found at the knowledge portal: BPTrends.com.
This session provides a solid foundation for those starting out and a great refresher for anyone already experienced with process. Business managers, analysts and change practitioners will gain from the included practical hands-on working exercises to learn and apply the techniques covered.
- Why do Process work?
- How to scope for change
- Techniques to model process
- How to identify process measures
- Tools to analyse the current state for issues, determine root causes and potential solutions
- Various methods for coming up with innovative ideas to improve performance
- Methodology to support implementation and enable ongoing sustainment
Components that influence how the work is done and lead to a particular Business Performance
What is business process? Overview of Process Architecture
- Describe the principles of business architecture and process management
- Demonstrate an understanding of an end-to-end stakeholder view of a business
- Process-centric performance measures
- Understand the use of strategic criteria to evaluate the importance of candidates for change
- Evaluate and rank performance gaps
Improvement project approach
- Synthesise project objective, approach, team
- Understand the difference between Process and Project
- Determine process stakeholders
- Determine what is in and out of the project scope
- Build scoping model
- Identify process measures
- Understand the premise of modeling
- Understand process modeling principles
- Concept model
- Data Flow model
- BPMN model
- Customer Journey map
- Recognise ‘good’ from ‘bad’ model
- Complete process supporting documentation
- Analyze existing process by applying various techniques
- Develop Quick Win Description
- identify potential solutions to a problem
- develop Quick Win description
- understand methods for coming up with innovative ideas
- Process improvement implementation and roll-out
- Understand goals of the implementation
- Learn components of the Business Case
- Understand types of implementation initiatives
- Understand goals of the roll-out
- Understand roll-out activities
- Understand the importance of human change management
Who Should Attend
This session is designed primarily for practitioners who are starting their journey in process improvement, or those who are looking for a refresher and some new ideas. Including
- Process Analysts and Designer
- Business Analysts
- Business Leaders
- Change Managers
Do you have an upcoming project you would like to discuss?
Do you have any critical strategic objectives you want to achieve?
Get it in touch with us, and one of our team members will reach out as soon as possible