The ultimate benefit of a good Business Architecture will be in changing the organization to be able to continue to change as pressures mount to remain relevant; to achieve Business Agility. This requires designing the right business solutions that provide the greatest return on investment to the business, avoiding duplication of function and effort and developing capabilities once for multiple uses across the processes of the organization. Without a solid Business Architecture there will certainly be sub-optimization, redundancy and inconsistency across business operations with increasing difficulty to change fast later on. With a good Business Architecture all aspects of your business will be changeable, including processes, technology, roles, the organizational structure itself and the culture.
This course is designed for specialists and managers of all types involved with planning and designing organizational change and building business capability to adapt and innovate continuously. Those involved in the following roles will benefit the most from this course:
- Business Managers
- Change Management Practitioners
- Business Architects
- Process Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Strategic Planners
- IT Architects
- IT and HR Executives
- Anyone else concerned with designing and sustaining an agile business
This highly interactive course is ideal for those embarking on an organizational transformation.
- Understand what a straight forward and useful Business Architecture looks like
- Interpret what outputs the business produces and how it delivers them to create value for its customers and other stakeholders (Business Model)
- Define how the business is organized and how it operates in the context of broader business ecosystems (Operating Model)
- Examine how to align what investments in resources the business should make (Resources Model)
- Discover new organizational possibilities to flatten the organizational decision making and encourage self management
- Build information, capability and process architecture models and interconnect them through a business performance lens to apply in your own organization
- Apply the architecture to help accelerate your change projects and breakthrough digital technologies
Special Features of this Course:
- Consistent with BIZBOK® principles and in alignment with the Certified Business Architect (CBA)® Program
- This is a pragmatic class with hands-on learning – not a theory based one
- Be able to sell the concepts upward and reduce internal resistance to change
- Learn a method that scales for both small and large organizations
- Work with Roger Burlton; the most experienced pragmatist in this field
During COVID 19 the format of this course is live online for the Winter 2021 courses. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.
Participants will be required to complete online readings and discussion/activity prior to attending the live online sessions.
NOTE: In-class/live online sessions are mandatory.